THE DERIVATION STUDY OF METAPHOR
References: International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2014, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2014 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-29-2/ ISSN 2367-5659, September 1-9, 2014, Book 3, Vol. 1, 217-224 pp
The article deals with the derivation view of metaphor. The main aim is to present the results of metaphor research connected with our interest in metaphor as a vehicle for cognition and communication. We try to show the view of metaphor, based on the assumption that it is analogous to communicative syntax. The process of metaphorisation is described in terms of mechanisms of text formation reflecting the results of cognition. Such view would differ from traditional ones by being dynamic, cognitive and anthropocentric. Our aim is to present knowledge about metaphor that we found to be important. The study of metaphor by means of derivation oriented views makes possible to enrich the subject of research and to develop the foundation of metaphorology.
Keywords: derivation, metaphor, metaphor mechanism, text-formation, cognition, nomination, predication, tropes.
PAPER DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B31/S8.029: THE DERIVATION STUDY OF METAPHOR
35 EURO ADD TO CART
Articles by this author
- FEATURES OF TOURISM MARKETING IN RUSSIA
- ABOUT ANALYTICAL AND STRUCTURAL ASPECTS OF THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT IMPLEMENT THE INTEGRATION STEPS
- ADVERTISING – A FACTOR IN THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
- ANALYSES OF REGIONAL SPECIALIZATION AND GEOGRAPHICAL CONCENTRATION OF INDUSTRY IN RUSSIA
- ANALYSIS OF THE CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN TERRITORIES