A NEW LOOK AT HISTORIC FORTIFICATIONS - MEDIEVAL CASTLES AND AIRBORNE LASER SCANNING
References: International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2014, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2014 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-29-2/ ISSN 2367-5659, September 1-9, 2014, Book 3, Vol. 1, 307-314 pp
In this article, the essential role of ALS data application is presented in example of the Eagles’ Nests, which are group of medieval castles - historical fortification systems in Poland. A key issue in this research is to expose the impact of various transformations of elevation models, which allows for a more comprehensive analysis of mentioned historical monuments and their neighborhood including particularly, appropriate visualization methods of digital terrain models (DTM) and digital surface models (DSM). Application of advanced processing methods of elevation models such as Solar Radiation Analysis, Sky-View Factor, Openness, can allow to take a new look at monuments that are already known.
Keywords: medieval castles, airborne laser scanning (ALS), archaeological interpretation, digital terrain model.
PAPER DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B31/S9.040: A NEW LOOK AT HISTORIC FORTIFICATIONS - MEDIEVAL CASTLES AND AIRBORNE LASER SCANNING
35 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- FEATURES OF TOURISM MARKETING IN RUSSIA
- ABOUT ANALYTICAL AND STRUCTURAL ASPECTS OF THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT IMPLEMENT THE INTEGRATION STEPS
- ADVERTISING – A FACTOR IN THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
- ANALYSES OF REGIONAL SPECIALIZATION AND GEOGRAPHICAL CONCENTRATION OF INDUSTRY IN RUSSIA
- ANALYSIS OF THE CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN TERRITORIES