MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL ILLNESSES. THE ROLE OF THE ORTHODOX PSYCHOTHERAPY IN THE SOUL HEALING PROCESS
2nd International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2015, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2015 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-44-5 / ISSN 2367-5659 , Aug 26 - Sept 01; Book 1, Vol. 1, 125 - 132 pp
Psychiatric disorders have a huge impact on life, leaving deep scars on the suffering soul. Although modern man is concerned about spirituality, being attracted to everything representing energy, harmony, relaxation or meditation, he stands powerless when facing mental disease. Therefore we ask the questions: What is the real cause of these diseases and what role plays the Orthodox psychotherapy in the healing process? This study shows that the Orthodox theology’s understanding of human inner self and the personal communion with divinity resembles to a psychotherapy mediated by God that leads to an authentic soul healing. Man, created in God’s image, is defined as a unique psycho-physical reality that finds real fulfillment in God alone. One can not acquire harmony and inner balance without Him, therefore the absence of divinity in man’s life makes mental and spiritual diseases very hard to cure. Relating psychology to genuine Orthodox spirituality provides new perspectives in understanding and curing mental illness.
Keywords: Orthodox Spirituality, mental illness, Orthodox psychotherapy, psychic, soul.
PAPER DOI: 10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2015/B11/S1.017 : MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL ILLNESSES. THE ROLE OF THE ORTHODOX PSYCHOTHERAPY IN THE SOUL HEALING PROCESS
35 EURO ADD TO CART
Articles by this author
- THE PROBLEMATIC OF REPRESENTATION AND PRESENTATION ON ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN PROCESS
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PARAMETRIC TOUCH IN CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE
- “INFORMED USER”: THE FICTIVE ASSESSOR OF “INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS” AS PART OF INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- TUTOR SKETCHES AS A METHOD FOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN STUDIO INTERACTION IN PUBLIC TUTORIALS
- TRANSIENCE OF ARCHITECTURE – TECHNICAL, SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS