References: 3rd International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2016, www.sgemsocial.org, SGEM2016 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-77-3 / ISSN 2367-5659, Aug 24-31, 2016, Book 3 Vol. 2, 89-96pp, DOI: 10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2016/B32/S08.012
The article deals with the problem of Urban metaphor. Permian metaphor is researched within the frames of Urban Studies, which deal not with real objects, but with the idea of the city. The main aim is to present the results of the research of Permian metaphor as a means of city-space conceptualization. We describe three ages of Permian metaphor: historical, soviet and modern. We tried to prove that metaphors help to comprehend the development of peoples’ conceptualization of space, time and social life. It is shown that Permian metaphor structures a large and complex space of the city and the relations of people inside this space. Permian metaphor is described in terms of cognition. The study of Urban metaphor will enrich the subject of metaphorology.
Key words: permian metaphor, urban metaphor, city-image, city-space, cognition, conceptualization.
Articles by this author
- DISTINCTIVE FACADES OF COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS AND THE QUALITY OF PUBLIC SPACE
- THE INTERTEXTUAL METHOD IN ANALYSIS OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RELATIONS IN COMPOSITIONS
- IMAGE AS AN EVENT. GEOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLES IN PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE
- TEACHERS´ POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE OPINIONS ON EVALUATION OF THEIR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES
- LIGHT EXPERIMENTS IN THE THEATER PROJECTS OF M.LARIONOV AND N.GONCHAROVA