THE SELFIE-MANIA IN ART: SOCIAL TREND OR COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOUR?
References: 3rd International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2016, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2016 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-53-7 / ISSN 2367-5659, Apr 06-09, Book 4, Vol.1, 207-212 pp, DOI: 10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2016/HB41/S05.027
Selfie is the most typical expression of the current visual culture, that characterizes the contemporary age, revealing a new form of subjectivity that involves both digital immigrants and digital native. The advent and spreading of new technologies, and the dissemination of a web-mediate culture, particularly through mobile devices (such as smartphone and tablet), has led to the emergence of a new form of self-focused communication and social trend, characterized by the compulsiveness of a mediatic ritual: the Selfie-Mania. Contemporary Art is also acquiring this form of communication, turning that into a new way of creative expression and the selfie-based artistic technique. The unselfconsciousness and frequency through which also art specialists or professionals are making use of Selfie gave rise the question: “is Selfie a social trend or a compulsive behaviour for artists?”.
Keywords: Selfie, Contemporary Art, Narcissism, Self-Esteem, Compulsive Behaviour
Articles by this author
- DISTINCTIVE FACADES OF COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS AND THE QUALITY OF PUBLIC SPACE
- THE INTERTEXTUAL METHOD IN ANALYSIS OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RELATIONS IN COMPOSITIONS
- IMAGE AS AN EVENT. GEOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLES IN PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE
- TEACHERS´ POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE OPINIONS ON EVALUATION OF THEIR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES
- LIGHT EXPERIMENTS IN THE THEATER PROJECTS OF M.LARIONOV AND N.GONCHAROVA