IDENTITY IN HOUSING DESIGN
References: 3rd International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2016, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2016 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-54-4 / ISSN 2367-5659, Apr 06-09, Book 4, Vol.2, 319-326 pp, DOI: 10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2016/HB42/S07.040
Among all architectural programs, the house with its specific areas is the one that outlines the most the sense of identity, essential for human psychological balance, due to the stability of its image as existential space and the powerful and close personal relation with it.
Identity in architecture is about understanding and being fond of an own living space. By identifying with the built environment are generated strong connections between the form and architectural ambience, and behavior, concepts, temperament, attitudes and sensitivity of users.
Architectural options related to forms, spaces, colors, types of environment – need to be founded on psychological considerations. They also need take into consideration the particularities of individuals or groups. Both the customers’ participation in the design process, and the flexibility, the possibility to add symbols on a defined structure contribute significantly to creating and maintaining a sense of identity within housing spaces.
Keywords: identity, living place, feeling home, centre of existential space, personalized ambiance¸ personalization of standard dwellings, participative design
Articles by this author
- DISTINCTIVE FACADES OF COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS AND THE QUALITY OF PUBLIC SPACE
- THE INTERTEXTUAL METHOD IN ANALYSIS OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RELATIONS IN COMPOSITIONS
- IMAGE AS AN EVENT. GEOGRAPHIC PRINCIPLES IN PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE
- TEACHERS´ POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE OPINIONS ON EVALUATION OF THEIR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES
- LIGHT EXPERIMENTS IN THE THEATER PROJECTS OF M.LARIONOV AND N.GONCHAROVA