ON-LINE DATABASE of SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B11/S1.035

ORGANIZATIONAL RECOGNITION OF CONTRIBUTIVE UNIQUENESS QUESTIONNAIRE: CONFIRMATORY FACTOR ANALYSIS

E. Sousa, N. R. Santos, L. M. Monico, L. Pais
Saturday 1 November 2014 by Libadmin2014

References: International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2014, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2014 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-22-3 / ISSN 2367-5659, September 1-9, 2014, Book 1, Vol. 1, 263-270 pp

ABSTRACT
The purpose of this research is to deepen previous studies of the psychometric properties of the Organizational Recognition of the Contributive Uniqueness Questionnaire (ORCUQ) [1], through Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) with a larger sample than that previously used. Contributive uniqueness is the unique contribution of each individual to the team’s functioning when working cooperatively. The uniqueness of individuals seems to be, on one hand, an individual need, and on the other hand a characteristic which can contribute to enrichment of the team or organizational performance. Organizational recognition has also been a relevant construct which has warranted attention from researchers and practitioners. The ORCUQ was developed in order to create a useful tool for organizations to understand how their workers’ contributive uniqueness is recognized. Cabo-Leitão and dos Santos [1] performed exploratory factor analysis to study its factorial structure. Nevertheless, we proposed to deepen understanding of the dimensionality of that questionnaire with a new and larger sample. Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) was performed on a sub-sample made up of 30% of the total sample (N=1117) followed by Confirmatory Factor Analysis of the remaining sub-sample (70% of the total sample). All participants have a bond of at least one year with the organization where they work, representing a wide range of business sectors. CFA showed a Tetra-factorial model, with good quality of adjustment (NFI=.907; CFI=.930; TLI=.918; RMSEA=.058) and good reliability: 1) Culture Recognition Effect (α=.883; 9 items); Tangible Recognition (α=.796; 4 items); Openness and Acceptance (α=.704; 5 items); Work Colleagues Recognition (α=.822; 2 items). This confirms the results of the former exploratory analysis. The results of this study confirm the good psychometric qualities of ORCUQ, showing it is a good measure to assess the recognition of the contributive uniqueness of individuals in groups and organizations.

Keywords: Contributive Uniqueness, Uniqueness, Organizational Recognition, Organizational Recognition of the Contributive Uniqueness Questionnaire

PAPER DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B11/S1.035: ORGANIZATIONAL RECOGNITION OF CONTRIBUTIVE UNIQUENESS QUESTIONNAIRE: CONFIRMATORY FACTOR ANALYSIS

35 EURO ADD TO CART


<cart1>



Home | Contact | Site Map | | Site statistics | Visitors : 136 / 319018

Follow site activity en  Follow site activity PSYCHOLOGY & PSYCHIATRY  Follow site activity Papers SGEM2014   ?

Copyright 2014 SGEM International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on SOCIAL SCIENCES & ARTS. All Rights Reserved. 3.0.17 + AHUNTSIC

Creative Commons License