"FOLKLORE" IS THE CORE OF THE CONCEPT "CULTURE" IN THE LANGUAGE CONSCIOUSNESS OF YAKUT LANGUAGE SPEAKERS
References: 4th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2017, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2017 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-97-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, March 28-31, Book6, Vol.1, 127-132 pp, DOI:10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2017/HB61/S9.15
Concept “Culture” in the language consciousness of Yakut language speakers is analyzed with the aim to reveal the core of the concept.
There are 15 stimulus words, which were revealed as a result of the analysis of 25 Russian and 25 English definitions of the word “culture”. The associative experiment is the basic method to get the world image of language speakers, the “Gestalt method” by Y.N. Karaulov is the basic to reveal the core and periphery conceptual signs of the concept. Associations of Yakut language speakers to 15 stimulus words presented a huge number of reactions, so we used “Gestalt method” by Y.N. Karaulov with the help of which we got the core and periphery conceptual signs of the concept “Culture” in Yakut language consciousness. As a result, the core of the concept “Culture” is Folklore.
Keywords: folklore, concept, culture, language consciousness, Yakut language
Articles by this author
- THE PROBLEM OF HUMAN RIGHTS UNIVERSALITY AND CONVENTIONALITY
- MANAGEMENT STRATEGY OF HUMAN RESOURCES OF REGIONAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- RESEARCH ABOUT HUMAN BETA-3 DEFENSINS AND INTERLEUKIN-1BETA IN PERI-IMPLANTITIS MONITORING AND DIAGNOSISPAPER
- CHANGES IN TOURISTS’ PSYCHO-EMOTIONAL STATE ASSOCIATED WITH CULTURAL TOURISM
- BEYOND DISCIPLINES: SMART DECISION TOOL