KAZAKH CALENDAR PRACTICES AND CEREMONIES: ON THE TRADITION OF CELEBRATING OF NAURYZ (NAVRUZ)
References: 4th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2017, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2017 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-97-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, March 28-31, Book6, Vol.1, 141-148 pp, DOI:10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2017/HB61/S9.17
The paper, based on the field ethnographic data of the researcher, is dedicated to Nauryz (Navruz) or New Year - the holiday of awakening and resurrection of nature.
Great importance is given to the preparation of ritual food - "Nauryz kozhe" or "nauryzdyќ". This dish is supposed to consist of seven food components: meat, wheat, rice, etc. The main characteristic feature of this ceremonial meal is a sign of abundance, which is habitually interpreted in connection with the "magic of the first day", meaning that the entire year will be the same as its first day. In fact, the Iranian-born holiday Navruz was imposed on the ancient Turkic calendar tradition having affected it greatly. According to some legends, Nauryz is the name of a lonely old man. In light of the new ethnographic materials of the researcher, Nauryz celebration is clearly associated with the tradition of ancestor veneration.
Keywords: Nauryz, Navruz, nauryz-kozhe, agricultural rites.
Articles by this author
- THE PROBLEM OF HUMAN RIGHTS UNIVERSALITY AND CONVENTIONALITY
- MANAGEMENT STRATEGY OF HUMAN RESOURCES OF REGIONAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- RESEARCH ABOUT HUMAN BETA-3 DEFENSINS AND INTERLEUKIN-1BETA IN PERI-IMPLANTITIS MONITORING AND DIAGNOSISPAPER
- CHANGES IN TOURISTS’ PSYCHO-EMOTIONAL STATE ASSOCIATED WITH CULTURAL TOURISM
- BEYOND DISCIPLINES: SMART DECISION TOOL