COMMUNICATION IN MUSIC THERAPY
References: 4th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2017, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2017 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-97-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, March 28-31, Book6, Vol.1, 443-448 pp, DOI:10.5593/SGEMSOCIAL2017/HB61/S16.56
Without being exhaustive the study aims to theoretically investigate a few aspects of communication concept inherent to the use of music in Music Therapy. The meanings of the term and the modalities in which communication finds itself in today’s different types of music therapy are explored in a reflective manner. Active and receptive forms of music therapy like Orff Music Therapy, Improvisational Music Therapy, Creative Music Therapy, Guided Imagery and Music but also archaic forms like Shamanism or Romanian Dischant are reviewed from this perspective.
Because of its nature music allows a multidimensional communication that exceeds verbal one. Both the ideas of music and of therapy cannot be conceived outside the terms communication and dialog due to the fact that both terms serve ultimately the same goals: reactivation, revaluation, harmonization and finally inner change and achieving health. To heal with music means to heal holistically, body, mind and soul, by connecting to universal harmony.
Keywords: communication, dialog, music therapy
Articles by this author
- THE PROBLEM OF HUMAN RIGHTS UNIVERSALITY AND CONVENTIONALITY
- MANAGEMENT STRATEGY OF HUMAN RESOURCES OF REGIONAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
- RESEARCH ABOUT HUMAN BETA-3 DEFENSINS AND INTERLEUKIN-1BETA IN PERI-IMPLANTITIS MONITORING AND DIAGNOSISPAPER
- CHANGES IN TOURISTS’ PSYCHO-EMOTIONAL STATE ASSOCIATED WITH CULTURAL TOURISM
- BEYOND DISCIPLINES: SMART DECISION TOOL