AFFECTIVE AND CONTINUANCE COMMITMENT IN CALL CENTRES: VALIDATION OF MEYER AND ALLEN QUESTIONNAIRE
References: International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM2014, www.sgemsocial.org , SGEM2014 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-22-3 / ISSN 2367-5659, September 1-9, 2014, Book 1, Vol. 1, 11-18 pp
The objective of this work is to contribute to validation of the Meyer and Allen Commitment Questionnaire for the call centre population in Portugal. According to the authors, organizational commitment is a psychological state, a mindset, a dependent variable that explains the link between individual and organization. Eighteen hundred employees (32.1% male; 56.9% female; M = 31.12 years, DP = 8.91) answered the Affective and Continuance scales of the tool. We carried out exploratory factor analysis with 30% of team members, randomly selected from the sample. The bi-dimensional solution was responsible for 51.1% of the total variability and reproduced the original structure proposed by the authors (item 13 was excluded due to loading in both factors). Confirmatory factor analysis was performed with the remaining 70% of the sample. According to the reference values, goodness of fit was evaluated as good –
/41 = 7.26; SRMR = .066, NFI = .922, CFI = .932, TLI =.909 – and acceptable according to RMSEA = .071 (90% CI, .063 to .078), p < .001, sustaining the Affective (α = .807) and Continuance (α = .717) dimensions.
Keywords: Call Centres, Organizations, Organizational Commitment, Affective Commitment, Continuance Commitment.
PAPER DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2014/B11/S1.002: AFFECTIVE AND CONTINUANCE COMMITMENT IN CALL CENTRES: VALIDATION OF MEYER AND ALLEN QUESTIONNAIRE
35 EURO ADD TO CART
Articles by this author
- FEATURES OF TOURISM MARKETING IN RUSSIA
- ABOUT ANALYTICAL AND STRUCTURAL ASPECTS OF THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT IMPLEMENT THE INTEGRATION STEPS
- ADVERTISING – A FACTOR IN THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
- ANALYSES OF REGIONAL SPECIALIZATION AND GEOGRAPHICAL CONCENTRATION OF INDUSTRY IN RUSSIA
- ANALYSIS OF THE CAPABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF URBAN TERRITORIES