INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT LAW: THE MAIN TRENDS AND PROBLEMS OF OUR TIME
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-30-0 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1.1; 201-206 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/11/S02.026
Foreign investment in the modern world is an incentive for the development of the economy and society. The sustainable development of economic systems requires periodic inflows of investment and capital. Investment is a tool for the development not only of enterprises but also of States. However, the process of development of investment activity in the world was quite difficult. States have chosen different methods regulation of investment activity. If we take into account the fact that a significant number of investors are foreign investors, the problem of capital protection is a priority. In this case, the application of international law is able to regulate the investment process. However, international law governing investment was not in force to protect the investor and his or her capital to the fullest extent.
The article deals with the main problems of international investment law at the present stage. The main approaches to the protection of foreign investments and their disadvantages are considered. The author proposes ways of solving problems in the field of international investment law.
Keywords: International investment law, foreign investment, foreign investor, investment process
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE