ON THE PROPERTIES OF LITERARY PROPER NAMES
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-32-4 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 3.1; 351-358 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/31/S10.044
Literary proper names (poetonyms) are universal functional-semantic word signs intended for individualizing and characterizing single objects of artistic reality in the space of literary texts. The semantic-stylistic potential of onomastic units within a literary text is enormous, making them both a significant means of interpretation and an important constructive element of a literary text involved in the processes of text production and meaning-making. Poetonyms become an essential means of text construction, possessing a great functional potential, due to the pragmastilistic semantic components. Their existence is not always recognized, but an analysis of the general properties of proper names and a linguistic analysis of the onomastic space of different literary texts prove the legitimacy of the hypothesis that poetonyms can act as key (dominant) text units.
Keywords: literary proper name (poetonym), semantic-stylistic features of onomastic units, the pragmastilistic meaning of proper names, functional potential of proper names, the text-producing function of poetonyms.
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE