NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING FOR THE DIAGNOSIS AND THE RESTORATION OF ARCHITECTURAL MONUMENTS AND HISTORICAL BUILDINGS
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-33-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 5.1; 219-226 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/51/S17.025
The most employed nondestructive or microdestructive methods for the diagnosis provide architects and engineers with a quantitative information on mechanical parameters such as in situ stress state, characteristics of deformability, compression strength. The aim of this paper is to describe in a critical way the main methods emphasizing advantages and drawbacks. To this end some tests has been performed on a historical building.
Keywords: Architectural Monuments, historical Buildings, Masonry, Nondestructive Testing, Restoration, Conservation.
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE