RADICAL CONCEPTS AS A CALL FOR CULTURAL RELEVANCE OF ARCHITECTURE IN THE WORK OF PETER EISENMAN.
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-33-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 5.1; 283-290 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/51/S17.033
The paper presents a part of the research on the most important radical concepts in architecture of the late XX century. The question that the research is trying to answer is: in what way certain concepts did essentially influence thinking and practice of architectural design in the form of the objects that were constructed?
The methodology adopted in this research is mainly based on comparative and interpretative studies of writings and projects of the most influential architects of the mentioned period. The paper will focus on the most important and underestimated/forgotten works of Peter Eisenman. Works of Eisenman were chosen to be analyzed in this presentation, as they are an eminent example of the coherent design approach: where the gap between theory and constructed buildings actually did not exist.
One of the most important outcomes of the presented research is a defined differentiation between design manifestos (declarative and wishful only) and radical theories that become the applicable architectural methodologies.
Keywords: post - structuralism, post-modernism, design methodology, conceptual design, deconstruction, Eisenman.
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE