TRADITION AND INNOVATION IN THE EARLY TWENTIETH CENTURY ECLECTICISM IN ITALY. PALAZZO RONZANI IN BOLOGNA (1911-1915)
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-33-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 5.1; 449-456 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/51/S17.054
The paper describes the history and the stylistic choices adopted in the construction of Palazzo Ronzani in Bologna, which was the first building to rise after the heavy demolitions carried out in the historical center of the city at the beginning of the twentieth century. In 1910, the local administration adopted a Detailed Plan to change the aspect of the city, as it was already happening in the main European capitals. In this context, starting from 1911, the architect and scenographer Gualtiero Pontoni designed for Alessandro Ronzani -the owner of a well-known Bolognese beer company- his Palazzo, which is listed among the first multifunctional buildings in Bologna, containing offices, commercial activities and entertainment spaces.
In an area of about 2000 m2, the architect was able to propose a theatre with a capacity of 2000 seats at the basement, shops, a cafè-chantant and a restaurant on the ground floor, clubs, studios and commercial stores on the mezzanine and the first plan, and a hotel on the upper floors.
Keywords: Modernissimo, Palazzo Ronzani, Liberty, Eclecticism, Bologna
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE