VISUAL LANGUAGES AND PARADOXES IN THE CONTEMPORARY YACHT DESIGN
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-33-1 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 5.1; 481-488 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/51/S17.058
In the sixteenth century, after the austerity of the medieval atmosphere,and the perfect harmony of the Renaissance forms, the rich and cultured commission of the European courts began to turn towards new architectural and expressive solutions.
These new expressions, had a substantial purpose: to amaze, to distance themselves from such elegant perfection as if one wanted to declare a certain "boredom" towards the now consolidated splendor.
Today, in the yacht design world we are witnessing what we could call a formal neo-Baroque, similar to the one described and the results areparadoxal suggestions and utopistic images.
The study presented here intends to investigate the causes and consequences of the proliferation of a certain visual culture in this area. Methodologically, the study has carried out a critical reading of the most common languages and iconography in the media dedicated to the dissemination of yacht design knowledge.
Keywords: visual languages, yacht design, images, project
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE