EDUCATION AND SCIENCE ANSWERING CHALLENGES OF THE XXI CENTURY (THE CASE OF RUSSIA)
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-34-8 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 6.1; 51-58 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/61/S07.007
The article is dedicated to the role of education and science in the contemporary world. Development and interaction of them are necessary for mankind to survive under conditions of increasing challenges and threats of our civilization, especially ecological.
The author accentuates attention in the importance of education in ecological sphere in all Institutes of Higher Education, including non-specialized, and for all specialties. This must be preceded by training ecological consciousness, beginning from the pre-school level.
Humanization of educational process and development of the corresponding curricula is the necessary answer to the new realities of the rapidly changing world.
Without diminishing the role of narrow-profile specialists, first of all in the field of technical and natural sciences, the importance of training specialists of broad qualification, who possess fundamental knowledge, with the high level of general culture is supported by the author.
Attention is paid to the problems of contemporary Russian science and higher school, which render negative influence on the development of the economy of the country and its worthy positioning in the contemporary world.
Keywords: higher education, curricula, science, ecology, knowledge, Russia
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE