PRACTICAL THEOSOPHY OF THE CONTEMPORARY SACRED ART AND ARCHITECTURE - A TEMPLE AS A SYNTHESIS
References: 5th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018, www.sgemvienna.org, SGEM2018 Vienna ART Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7408-34-8 / ISSN 2367-5659, 19 - 21 March, 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 6.1; 415-422 pp, DOI: 10.5593/sgemsocial2018H/61/S15.051
Presenting the world in its theosis, in transformation into saved reality was and is the basic function of all types of art. This is how it used to be. Is this the case today? Is such a synthesis possible nowadays? Is it a transmission of “living” Church Tradition and its esthetic and religious experience of sacrum? How does it happen?
Asking a question about the meaning of human existence, we also ask about the meaning of man’s creativity through art, creativity understood as a continuation of divine work of creation. Is this art today a theurgical art, the art in which the border between sacrum and profanum is neutralized, exposing a pre-figured image of a city – Heavenly Jerusalem? It is possible to present this image in the walls of a temple today - as a synthesis of all types of art?
This paper presents selected examples of the practical theosophy of the contemporary art and architecture. It also shows the process of evolution of traditional spatial and functional archetype-symbolical structures and application of new conventions in the Orthodox temples.
Keywords: architecture, art, synthesis, temple, theosophy, sacrum.
Articles by this author
- A LOCAL STUDY OF JOB SATISFACTION FACTORS AMONG MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL PERSONNEL
- ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE IN ARAD REGION , ROMANIA
- ASPECTS OF HEALTH LITERACY IN THE ROMA POPULATION AND THE CO-OPERATION OF NURSING
- CERVICAL CANCER CLUSTERING IN ARAD AND CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMMES IN ROMANIA
- COORDINATED REHABILITATION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN ORGANIZATIONS WORKING WITH PERSONS AFTER ACQUIRED BRAIN DAMAGE