WORK SAFETY IN THE FUNCTIONING OF CONSTRUCTION ENTERPRISES
The problem of shaping and functioning safety culture and its role in the operations of construction enterprises has been undertaken in the paper. The ways of defining safety culture and the safety culture assessment model in the company have been presented. Risk and safety have been presented as cultural values. Social factors conditioning the conduct and motivation to organize safe working conditions have been incorporated into the safety culture notion, and the development of positive safety culture is now regarded as one of the main management goals in a business.
Results of research – focusing on presenting the climate associated with work safety among the management staff and employees – conducted in Polish building companies have been discussed. In the conclusions of the paper, it has been determined that, in spite of the fact that the problems related to work safety in construction companies are continuously one of the areas of interest on the part of the management, it is very difficult to shape employee attitudes creating high safety culture among the crews in these companies. Constant growth in employee awareness with regard to the sphere of factors contributing to higher work safety may be treated as an indicator showing recurrent improvement in safety culture in the companies examined.
Keywords: work safety, safety culture, construction enterprises
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN