SPATIAL ORGANIZATION OF ETHNOCULTURAL LANDSCAPE IN THE TRADITIONAL CULTURE OF VILUSSIAN YAKUTS
The article discusses the main properties of spatial orientation in the traditional cultural landscape of Sakha people (Yakuts) in the Vilyui region. Particular attention is paid to the centrality, multiscale structure and anisotropy of cultural landscape at the local level. We have described characteristic features of the mental design of cultural landscape based on mythological representations and traditions of the local community. The real design of the ethnocultural landscape reflecting the natural and economic features of the developed area has been analyzed.
The informational background of the study is official statistics, topographic and thematic maps, the results of expedition research in the key areas over the period 2012-2018. The methods of observation, representation, interviewing and questioning have been used during the field research. The study of the Yakut ethnocultural landscape is represented by two approaches: external (landscape-visual, formal, administrative) and internal (mythological, toponymic, folklore, ethnic).
The study has revealed that the traditional cattle breeding culture of the Sakha people is the main functional and planning factor in the formation of the ethnocultural landscape. The system of spatial orientation in the ethnocultural landscape exists and arises from economic activity that is balanced and adapted to the local natural conditions. It is proved that at the local level the main properties of spatial orientation in the ethnocultural landscape are in close relationship with the mythological worldview and the traditions of Sakha people.
Keywords: ethnocultural landscape, system of spatial orientation, nature management
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN