PUBLIC SCHOOLING IN GALICIA AT THE TURN OF 19TH AND 20TH CENTURY AS THE BATTLEFIELD AND PLACE OF COLLABORATION BETWEEN POLES, UKRAINIANS AND JEWS
This paper is to present Polish-Ukrainian-Jewish relations in Galician education in 1867-1914. The activity of the Land Education Council in Galicia for the development of public education from the point of view of the above-mentioned nations was present-ed in it. It was demonstrated that its composition did not reflect that of Galician popula-tion. The LEC was dominated by Poles, which caused the protests for the part of Ukrainians, and its activity was largely determined by politics, and not conducive to de-veloping good relations between Poles and Ukrainians. In turn, the LEC activities in relations to Jewish population were conducive to the acculturation of the followers of Judaism. Public education for Jews, which contributed to bringing Poles and Jews to-gether, was developed.
The authors applied the methods of historical research, namely the analysis of docu-ments and the comparative method.
Keywords: Galicia, multi-cultural education, Polish-Ukrainian relations, Polish-Jewish relations
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN