REMOTE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE EXTERNAL RELATIONS DEPARTMENTS OF PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANISATIONS
Work arrangements constantly change, as the interest of individuals in greater flexibility in relation to their work arrangements increases. Remote jobs in Latvia become increasingly popular with the advancement of information technologies and the increasing wish of individuals for flexible working hours. Productive remote work is possible only by means of modern information and communication technologies.
The research aim is to characterise the types of employment and identify the opinions of external relations specialists on performing their job responsibilities remotely by using modern communication technologies and devices at public sector organisations. The main task of the paper is to analyse sources of information on remote employment and opportunities for working remotely in external relations departments.
The present research employed the following methods: document analysis, partially structured interviews.
The research results have revealed that an external relations specialist could perform at least half of the job responsibilities remotely, while such a job requires also in-person communication; therefore, a remote job cannot fully replace the conventional kinds of work arrangement at offices.
Keywords: employment, remote work, external relations departments.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN