EVALUATION OF FOOD SECURITY LEVEL IN THE REGIONS OF THE SIBERIAN FEDERAL DISTRICT
This article defines the specificity of the concept of «food security in the region». The authors have analyzed the adequacy of the existing regulatory and legal provision of food security at the national and subnational levels. Based on the analysis were made conclusions about the absence of an unified system of criteria and indicators for assessing the level of food security. The necessity to develop an evaluation system is determined by the needs of managing food security at the regional level. The authors examined the accumulated domestic experience on the question of the food security level evaluation. Based on the results of the analysis were developed the main stages of evaluating the food security of the Russian Federation subjects from the standpoint of food self-sufficiency and food independence. In accordance with the proposed methodology the authors assessed the level of food security in the regions of the Siberian Federal District of the Russian Federation and identified threats in the food sector at the regional level. For the purposes of the evaluation were used statistical, empirical and indicative analysis methods. The results of the study can be applied by regional government authorities to monitor threats in the regional food sector in order to make managerial decisions on adjusting the tools and methods of the implemented regional food policy.
Keywords: food security, food self-sufficiency, food independence, food policy of the region, regions of the Siberian Federal District.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN