CREATIVITY OF THE MONGOLIAN ARTIST Z. UYANGA: ANALYSIS OF THE GRAPHIC SERIES "WOMEN OF MONGOLIA"
The article is devoted to the analysis of the creativity of the modern Mongolian artist Zorigt Uyanga. The author pays special attention to the means of artistic expressiveness used by the artist in the series “Women of Mongolia”. The paper provides art-critical research of cultural and historical background which forms the basis of the series. It reveals a special interest of the artist to the role and semantic of costume (or its absence) and traditional female hairdo. Mentioned points and their modification in graphic sheets always form the whole meaning of the work. As to the means of artistic expressiveness the author of the paper analyses the features of different types of graphic techniques used by Z. Uyanga in the series “Women of Mongolia” such as etching, aquatint and monotype. Each of them presents its own opportunities to express the artist’s idea. The main task of the research conducted in the paper is to determine the reasons by which the artist considers these works and this theme important for her creativity. By studying the main works from the series the author of the paper concludes that in the graphic sheets devoted to the image of Mongolian woman Z. Uyanga reflects the female archetype described in ancient Mongolian myths and epics.
Keywords: Mongolia, contemporary art, Zorigt Uyanga, graphics, female archetype.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN