THE MAGIC OF THE RENAISSANCE TODAY: THE PICTURE AND THE IDEOGRAMMATIC WRITTING OF “EYE OF HORUS”. (THE EDUCATIONAL-HYPOTHETICAL APPROACH)
The interest of the Renaissance to the antique culture and to the hermeticism consequential led to the study of the Old Egypt and to the research of the Egypt writing. But at the moment of appearance of this interest the understanding of it was lose. 1419 priest from Florence Christoforo de̕ Buoldemonti found on the island Andros in the Aegean See the manuscript “The Hieroglyphics of Horapollo Nilous”. He bought it and got to Italy. 1505 the manuscript was published in Ancient Greek in Venice.
According to the historian of writing systems, I. Gelb, the picture writing carries a magical load as such. Ideogrammatic writing was used by painters of the Renaissance.
Telling a legend about the Egyptian god Thoth, he was an inventor of hieroglyphics. Born of Isis and Osiris, god Horus enters the battle with Set. In one of the episodes of the “litigation” of Horus and Set, the latter managed to wrest the eye of Horus and break it into 64 parts, which, however, god Thoth collected, “repaired” the eye, but left 1/64 part to him. Egyptologists and writing historian A. Gardiner note that the episode has an encoded mathematical interpretation - the creation of signs for fractions.
In this moment a new conjugation of scientific and mythological ideas is taking place. Ideogram “The Eye of Horus” is not only a rendition of the myth, but a hidden approximation of the calculation of the numbers π (3.149).
Keywords: eye of Horus, sacred eye, ideogrammatic writing, Albrecht Dürer, Hieroglyphics.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN