PRACTICAL ECUMENISM IN SACRED ART AND ARCHITECTURE – INCORPORATION AND SYNTHESIS
The article presents the living idea of the creation of places of worship and religious encounter and dialogue between Christian communities against the background of the division between the Christian East and West and the hidden potential of its returning to ecumenical unity. Based on a short case study, it demonstrates the architectural design of the All Saints Temple as an academic ecumenical chapel in the campus of the Bialystok University of Technology. By referring to the universal symbolism of forms and orders, common for all Christians from the times predating the division, it shows a solution to the experimental holy space, which is an ideal preparation for this meeting.
Keywords: ecumenism, sacrum, art, architecture, archetype, symbol, structure.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN