THE ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT OF THE RIO DE JANEIRO SAINT BENEDICT’S SCHOOL (1967- 69): ARCHITECTURE DRAWINGS (CROQUIS), BLUEPRINT AND PHOTOGRAPHY
This paper took as reference the master’s dissertation “In-between times: plastic and environmental dialogue between eighteenth-century architecture and the Rio de Janeiro Saint Benedict’s School project, (1967-69), a reflection of historical memories and commentaries” . Memories of the architect are rescued, as well as historical references from the project of the Rio de Janeiro Saint Benedict’s School, 1967-69. The variance of the documentary image researched in photos, croquis and blueprints stimulated the memories’ recollection and allowed the rescue of the architectural concept in the architectural project, favoring furthermore the commentary supported by researched historical references. We consider the notions of memory and history as adopted by Nora ; as well as the image’s role in the description of meanings on historical’s heritage edification. We reviewed the article by Alcântara and Ancântara  on the São Luís Building project in Alcântara, Maranhão, Brazil and Marcianò  on Carlo Scarpa projects in Italy.
Keywords: Project of the Rio de Janeiro Saint Benedict’s School; 1968 IAB GB Award; MAM Rio’s 1968 IAB Architectonic Project’s Expo; Mauro Guaranys; Croquis.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN