THE DENTAL IMPRESSION IN FIXED PROSTHETICS. PRESENT AND FUTURE TRENDS.
The dental impression plays a very important role during the clinical and technical stages of prosthetic restoration. Impressing the prosthetic field can cause errors in producing the prosthetic item. The dental impression represents the negative copy of the prosthetic field that will generate the positive copy, respectively the working model/cast. If the assessor, the dentist and / or the dental technician, cannot notice these errors in a timely manner, the prosthetic piece is intended for failure.
The objectives of this paper are to review the past, present and future of the dental impression in fixed prosthetics, and also to highlight and analyze possible errors, as well as how to generate and avoid them. There will be discussed how to choose the right tools, the dental impression technique, and the ways to prepare impression materials, exemplified by clinical cases.
The methods of impression assessment in fixed prosthesis will take into account all clinical features found within the technical reference.
The conclusions of the impression assessment can systematize the main stages of a correct dental impression to practitioners, so as to avoid errors during the imprinting step. The goal of any dentist is to get a correct, precise impression with no possibilities of interpreting the working model by the dental technician, so that the patient has the comfort of his own teeth modeled by a fixed prosthetic work.
Keywords: Dental impression, fixed prosthetics, dental impression technique, impression assessment
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN