THE NEEDS OF FAMILIES WITH A CHILD WITH DISABILITY
A child with disabilities means for the family confrontation with new problems. The presence of the child changes the functioning of the family, the quality of life of all its members, and also modifies the needs of the family.
The contribution is focused on the detection of needs within the family system. The method of data collection was the standard Bailey and Simeonsson Family Questionnaire (1988) which focuses on 6 areas of need - the need for family support, the need for information, the need to explain to others, the need for community services, the need for finances, the need for family functioning.
The total number of respondents was 94, of who 74 were women and 20 were men. Respondents were parents of children with disabilities.
The results showed a preference for the support of the family where we detected the highest score. Parents on the contrary declared the least degree of need for explanation to others. Research has also shown significant differences in individual dimensions of needs in terms of age, marital status, housing, and child diagnosis. Mapping the needs of the family and the extent of their satisfaction are considered to be an important tool in several disciplines. Knowing the increased need is better able to set up an existing support system that would saturate absent needs.
Keywords: The needs1, The family2, The children with disability3
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN