THE ROLE OF COMFORT FOOD IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
The history of food comfort has its roots somewhere in the 1960s in the US, when they first tried to define them taking into account the psychological aspect, "they produce comfort or consolation, protection and nutrition." For the consumer, it is essential that the consumed food provide the amount of nutrients necessary to maintain daily balance, satiety, to be healthy and to provide satisfaction during and after consumption.
From the perspective of the hospitality industry, the food comfort product contributes to fulfilling the primordial mission of hospitality - to create proper environment that stimulates the good mood and relaxation of the consumer.
The purpose of this study is to provide a brief review of the role of food comfort products in the hospitality industry with an emphasis on their quality characteristics and the benefits to both local consumers and tourists.
If we look at the definition of the two objective concepts of the present study, we can see that both the hospitality industry and the food comfort product have the ultimate goal of creating pleasant sensations, inducing positive feelings, well-being, relaxation.
Keywords: comfort food, hospitality industry, wellbeing, health.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN