THE WORLD’S PERMANENT CHANGE, THE NEW MEDIA AND THE IMMUTABILITY OF PERENNIAL VALUES
The world is continually changing, and one of the determining factors is technological progress, which has also led to the formulation of a specific ideology. Yet, it is precisely the ideology of technological progress that has thrown humanity into a moral crisis and has led to the emergence of new phenomena, such as resource diminution, environmental pollution, forest destruction, acid rains, greenhouse effects, ozone depletion, massive garbage accumulation, mass unemployment, excessive armament storage etc., representing precisely indicators of the “self-destruction” danger for the present society, considered a society of progress. To these one can also add the excessive use of the new means of communication or media, which have generated various pathologies to the detriment of man’s health. Due to these aspects, one can feel the need of reaching a new fundamental consensus reagarding the human convictions, in which the “ethics of success” should be controlled by the “ethics of conscience” and the cultivation of perennial values, which also means assuming a multiple responsibility to the manner of interaction between people, to the environment and the next generations’ future.
Keywords: God, Orthodox Church, faith, new media, perennial values, moral crisis.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN