TRAINING OF PROFESSIONALS IN ASSISTING THE ELDERLY AT HOME
From the analysis of the demographic situation and social changes at European and Romanian level, it is necessary to train professionals in assisting the elderly at home [6, 9].
Aim of research: The purpose of the present research is to carry out a professional training course for a new profession, codified in the Romanian Catalog of Occupations (R.C.O), namely: home caregiver for elderly .
Research methodology: The research was conducted on a sample of 27 trainees. An analysis of the training needs was carried out, for the establishment of the specialty modules that will be part of the training course for the profession of home caregiver for elderly. A specialized course has been created according to national occupational standards. It has a duration of 3 months, 360 hours of training of which: 120 hours of theory and 240 hours of practice in residential centers for the elderly.
Results: After the course, the level of acquired knowledge was evaluated through a final test with two samples, in the form of assessment of practical skills in providing assisted home care for elderly people .
Conclusion: In order to acquire skills and abilities in the field of elderly care, we have designed a training course that includes theoretical and practical home care giving modules, according to national legislative standards .
Keywords: professional training, elderly, assisted home care, national occupational standards, demographic and social changes.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN