THE IDEA OF COMBATING CHAOS AND PRESERVING STABILITY AS A CONCEPTUAL BASIS OF THE NARRATIVE IN THE ELECTORAL RUSSIAN-LANGUAGE MEDIA DISCOURSE AT THE REGIONAL LEVEL
The cognitive model of elections is formed in the consciousness of a potential voter under the influence of an electoral media discourse. It is actualized in election narratives. Based on the idea of combating chaos and maintaining stability, a special narrative was formed in the Russian-language electoral media discourse. The cognitive model represents elections as a confrontation between legitimate forces and external rivals, new and incomprehensible institutions. This model was adopted to the particular case, which is the elections at the regional level. Candidates reproduce the model of struggle, that is, they use a ready-made speech pattern that appeals to the authority of the central government. Оn the basis of discourse analysis, we have revealed that the war metaphor is widely used to eliminate social problems in the region, the order / rationalization metaphor is used in descriptions of the candidates’ activities, the narrative is about traditional and symbolic events.
Keywords: electoral discourse, narrative, cognitive model, chaos and stability.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN