COMPUTER IN THE CHILD’S EDUCATION- FRIEND OR FOE? /OPINIONS OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS OF EARLY SCHOOL EDUCATION/
The influence of media, in particular computer and Internet, has increased over the last several decades. They play now a significant role in everyone’s life, independent of his or her age. The overwhelming influence of computer on the development of next generations is visible while observing behaviors of young people and listening to their talks. Computer and Internet have started to attract attention of the young users and, developing very dynamically, have forced their way into almost all fields of everyday life. Media influence on children has become the subject of interested of parents, teachers and, above all, many scientists and researchers. The significance of this problem is more and more important due to constant development of new media and information technology. The impact of computers on children is still increasing as the access to the computers is unlimited and easier and easier. Early school education environment – according to the curriculum – envisages very slow implementation of computer assistance to the process of learning and teaching. At this stage of education children should above all develop practical abilities, take care of their health and body and develop vigilance against threats to their health, including those resulting from ubiquity of computers.
Referring to these principles and the situation in contemporary computerized world, this article aims at analyzing relations resulting from children’s contact with computers and all benefits and threats resulting from them.
Keywords: computer, Internet, child at early school age, positive and negative effects of use of new media
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN