EDUTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY IN THE SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION
The article deals with the problem of the second language acquisition from the point of view of a new and quickly evolving learning technology, named edutainment. This article provides an overview of edutainment technology and how it can be applied to the learner experience. The method applied is constructivism. Several parameters were taken into account: learners’ age, visualization and entertainment. The main objective of the project is to organize learners’ leisure time by providing them with a set of fascinating tasks in English. Besides pleasure, the designed tasks would help them to improve their communicative competence. We assume that edutainment, being a creative, playing and entertaining kind of learning technology, has a great potential to become an effective tool for the second language acquisition not only at classes, but also at learners’ spare time. We also hope that the results obtained will contribute to exploring the problem of modern educational technologies.
Keywords: edutainment, language acquisition, cognitive tool, communicative competence.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN