MEMORIAL TOURISM IN CONTEMPORARY RUSSIA
The article discusses the memorial mass tourism in modern Russia. It is noted that in recent years in Russia there has been an increase in the number of citizens traveling around the country. It is shown that the main content of domestic tourism was the preservation of the historical memory of the events of the Second World War. The main tourist sites are the monuments of military glory, memorials, places of battles, mass graves of soldiers and civilians. There are many new routes related to the patriotic themes. The places of military-patriotic tours are, first of all, the Hero Cities and Cities of Military Glory. The Hero City of Volgograd (Stalingrad), known as the city that changed the course of World War II, occupies a special place among them. The main height of wartime – the Mamaev Kurgan – is visited by the thousands of tourists. The memorial tourismhas got significant development in the North-West of Russia, Leningrad, Novgorod and Pskov regions. Here among tourists the routes associated with the memorialization of the historical memory of the partisan movement are popular. The tourist routes related to the patriotic themes greatly influence the upbringing and education of younger generations and therefore need further development.
Keywords: memorial tourism, tourist activities, historical memory, Volgograd, North-West.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN