CULTURAL GLOBALIZATION / GLOBALIZATION OF CULTURE: TENDENCIES AND CONSEQUENCES
Globalization is a reality of the modern world. Having shown itself initially in the economic sphere, it then spilt over to policy and after that to culture. Today we can more and more often hear that we are witnessing the process of formation of a new global culture. At the same time different authors see this process and its consequences differently. Some believe that globalization of culture is a positive phenomenon and is connected, first of all, with cultural exchange, with synthesis leading to mutual enrichment of people. Others consider that globalization should be understood more as a negative process, the main characteristic of which is unification of the world cultural space, leveling of national and local cultures. From this point of view globalization of culture is understood as a continuation of the process of the western modernization but in new postmodern post-industrial conditions. The third point of view comes down to the fact that globalization of culture is an illusory process because in practice it turns into localization (glocalization) that is connected with the growing trend to resisting the process of globalization at the local and regional levels in general. This article attempts to compare the specified positions for the purpose of identification of the main vectors of the process of globalization of culture and determine its possible consequences. The author uses the critical method which allows to approach the available concepts impartially and to analyse them. The conclusion is that globalization of culture has an extremely contradictory content and its consequences have a more like negative character.
Keywords: globalization, globalization of culture, glocalization, culture, geoculture, world system.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN