THE MAGIC OF THE RENAISSANCE TODAY: BASIC APPROACHES TO THE STUDY OF ALCHEMY AND ITS DIRECTIONS
Alchemy in modern consciousness ceased to be perceived as a scientific fallacy. This perception is due to the diversity of approaches to studying alchemy.
The purpose of the article is to present the diversity of historically developed approaches to studying alchemy. The article lists and describes the main approaches; if necessary, illustrative examples are given showing their applications in the study.
First approach is denoted by the word ‘traditional’. The traditionalist approach is represented by the works of R. Guénon and J. Evola. The scientific-historical approach represents the development of the scientific-educational approach, supplementing it with other researches. The classical approach to alchemy is formed on the basis of educational, scientific and historical approaches. The educational-hypothetical approach is a complex synthetic inversion of the scientific-historical and educational approaches. The natural-scientific approach develops in the context of scientific revolutions. The psychological interpretation of C.G. Jung occupies a special chapter in the historiography of alchemy. The magical-erotic and sensual aspects of the imaginative approach are presented by I. Regardie.
The diversity of approaches reflects the special topology of the phenomenon of alchemy, which makes it possible to obtain its various sections and consider them separately, yet none of them embraces the phenomenon of alchemy as a whole.
Keywords: alchemy, alchemist, studies of alchemy, phenomenology of alchemy, psychology of alchemy.
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN