"VEMA - ITALIAN THEORY OF A PERFECT CITY FROM YEAR 2006; CONTEMPORARY URBAN UTOPIA, OR REAL CONCEPT OF MODEL OF CITY OF FUTURE?"
In history of architecture and urban planning, there are examples of theoretical projects that had much higher impact on history of building construction art than actual buildings realized by authors of such theoretical projects. During 10th Architecture Biennale in Venice, in 2006, Italian architects presented an original concept of city VEMA, located near Verona and Mantua, positioned on a cross axis along Lisbon–Kiev and Berlin–Palermo line. The model of the ideal city that has crystalized in theoretical architect’s scholar labs, was hailed as an alternative for blotted metropolises that were growing in The Third Wave era. Metropolises, which devoured suburban areas and were inhibiting in the predictable perspective, an ability to make necessary future changes. By design, restricted organism of autonomous polis, in modern world dominated by global networks (virtual and material), could function as an effective model of urban organism that is structured for contemporary demands and technical capabilities, that guarantee balance in endangered natural, cultural, housing and production environments.
Keywords: city of the future, ideal city, theory of urbanism
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN