BLENDED LEARNING METHODOLOGY IN THE PROGRAMMES: LINGUISTICS AND FOREIGN REGIONAL STUDIES.
The article is devoted to topical issues of application of the blended learning methodology for teaching foreign languages in a higher educational institution. According to the author, blended learning, mediated by network interaction using computers and the Internet, can be successful if the role of students and their autonomy is strengthened in the learning process, and the emphasis is shifted from teaching to training, from teacher to student. Based on conducted practical experience, comparative analysis and investigation of the blended learning application in Russia, the author reasonably cites arguments in support of this technology. Experiments with blended learning allowed the author to get an idea about the effectiveness of using this technique and students’ readiness for new learning mechanisms. It gave the author food for thought about a number of vital circumstances that allow blended learning methodology to promote the development of students’ professional and information competencies. The article gives an analysis of the teaching forms, provides the main directions for the development of blended learning, shows the differences between mixed and traditional teaching . It is concluded that blended learning can be considered as an independent form of education because it has significant differences that can not be realised in the traditional style. The students ’attitude to the blended learning model established at the university is reflected in the results of the e-survey of 121 trainees in the areas "Foreign Regional Studies" and "Linguistics", conducted in January 2017 in the framework of the research project of 5100 at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia "Monitoring students’ assessment".
Keywords: Blended learning, higher education, online-learning, students’ assessment
Articles by this author
- RESEARCH OF THE CULTURE OF CONSUMPTION OF BAKERY PRODUCTS OF FUTURE SPECIALISTS OF THE AGRO-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF FORMING DIRECTIONS OF EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- ROCK NARRATIVES AS EDUCATIONAL SPACE. THE RESEARCH REPORT
- SOCIO-PEDAGOGICAL WORK WITH INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS IN UKRAINE: RESPONSE TO THE CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- SOFT COMPETENCES AS MEASUREMENT FOR E-LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- SOMATIC AND MOTOR PARAMETERS OF 9-10 YEARS OLD CHILDREN