If you are forced to cancel a registration, for any reason, you must get informed about the following conditions.
- Any cancellation should be sent in a written format by e-mail or fax to the SWS Secretariat Bureau.
- Delivery of cancellation has to be confirmed by a responsible person from the SWS Secretariat.
- If a registered lecturer is unable to attend the conference for any reason, he may, by agreement, replace his attendance with another colleague, to attend in his place.
- If the lecturer is unable to attend and provided they have informed the program committee in writing by the payment deadline shown on our website, then the fee paid may be left as a deposit for our next conference. If next year's fee is changed, he will only have to pay the difference.
- If there is a paper, it will not be published in the conference proceedings, if the fee is withheld for a subsequent conference, but may be eligible for publication at a later stage if appropriate.
Where a lecturer is unable to attend and is unable to transfer their registration to another colleague or to another of our conferences, the following conditions apply:
- Registrations canceled due to abstract/manuscript rejection are eligible for a refund of 90% of the registration fees paid. If the registration is not paid, the author owes a fee of 10% (excl VAT) of the fee he registered for, but no less than €30, due to the administrative costs incurred.
- Registrations that are canceled more than 30 days before the event are eligible for a refund of 90% of the registration fees paid.
- Registrations canceled less than 30 days before the conference are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Registrations canceled less than 15 days before the event are not eligible for a refund.
Cancellation of Presentation: ORAL/ POSTER Speaker - NON-Presenting
In case you are a registered lecturer and you have submitted your papers for publication, but you did attend the conference for some reason and you did not present your paper/a as an oral or poster presentation, you need to know the following:
- If you have not informed SWS Secretariat of your inability to be present, 3 weeks prior to the conference opening, there will be a Service Charge of €30 per presentation - SPEAKER NO SHOW fee.
- Registrations canceled more than 10 working days before the conference are eligible for a total refund minus an administrative fee of €30.
- Cancellations, received after this deadline or made within the event itself, will not be eligible for a refund.
- If the visa application is unsuccessful, the lecturers' registration type is converted to Virtual Lecturer and their articles, if accepted, will be published in the conference proceedings.
- In case of an unsuccessful delegate visa application (without a manuscript), all sums paid minus an administration fee of €30 will be refunded, if provided written notification is received within 10 days prior to the conference.
Notification must be received by email no later than 10 working days before the start of the conference, as this is the condition for refunds. Cancellations, received after this deadline, will not be eligible for a refund.
For all types of refunds, a bank transfer will be made to the named recipient's account, 10 working days after the last day of the conference. For payments received outside the European Union, all bank charges will be for the account of the recipient.
If you have any questions about the Cancellation Policy, please Contact Us.